Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Office Manager. You will work independently following established procedures to develop, approve, implement and provide oversight for a wide range of advanced and diverse administrative and operational activities. This position is in the Project Management, Engineering & Construction Department within the Operations & Business Principal Directorate.
- Coordinate the hiring activities for the department including developing postings, facilitating interviews, and preparing hire packages.
- Plan, execute, and provide oversight to a variety of administrative, operational, and organizational requirements and activities and serve as the primary point-of-contact for Department Office administrative matters.
- Research, analyze, establish and implement internal administrative procedures and systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Coordinate and lead various administrative projects and initiatives; collect, validate, and interpret business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of strategic and/or workforce planning activities.
- Serve as resource to administrative staff; provide direction and guidance on administrative processes.
- Plan and organize complex meetings and high-level visits involving intricate administrative logistics and security requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Experience coordinating and participating in administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes for the work unit and/or functional area.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and team-building skills.
- Understanding of basic principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures and of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently advise, resolve, recommend and approve appropriate actions to implement solutions.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Advanced skills in writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software particularly MS Office applications and experience developing lengthy and complex reports for use in management decision making.
- Experience using LLNL administrative software applications.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.