Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Senior Employment Coordinator. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments associated with employment-related activities in a dynamic team environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. This position is in the Staffing and Employee Engagement Division.
- Serve as administrative point of contact for all employment activities for designated client organizations; responsible for ensuring efficient administrative operations for assigned work team.
- Independently answer questions from applicants, employees, supervisors and managers regarding Laboratory employment policies, procedures and services.
- Coordinate hire process approvals and documentation including all pre-employment requirements (e.g., security clearances, drug testing, visas, relocation, medical exams) to ensure that all conditions of the employment agreement are completed prior to employee’s start date; prepare offer packages.
- Prepare and compose correspondence on own initiative; determine appropriate text and provisions for offer and transfer letters.
- Review and approve standard personnel transactions and determine follow-up; prepare and approve a variety of complex personnel documents, e.g., Relocation Authorization requests; ensure timely flow of documents.
- Input and maintain data in a computerized applicant system. Coordinate and prepare complex information from multiple sources; evaluate data, formulate decisions, and generate complex reports for clients and work team.
- Independently schedule interviews/appointments and maintain calendar for Employment team; prepare interview packets for scheduled meetings.
- Participate in Strategic Human Resources Management Directorate projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a service environment utilizing advanced customer service skills to maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and clients.
- Experience in providing advanced administrative support in a human resources environment with demonstrated accurate keyboarding, use of grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills to manage and complete complex tasks with frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and short deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills to present and explain processes, work in a team environment, and compose correspondence.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary to anticipate problems, identify discrepancies, make independent decisions and handle problems on own initiative.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications including email, presentation, and calendaring applications.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to effectively interact with others using tact, discretion and mature judgment.
- Experience working independently under time constraints to meet critical deadlines.
- Experience using PeopleSoft or a similar applicant tracking system.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is an At Will appointment. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.