Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will apply your talents and expertise to perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment supporting the Laboratory's Intelligence Program. This position is in Z Program in the Global Security Principal Directorate.
- Represent management in daily matters, responding on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management. Gather, clarify and disseminate information; coordinate activities and manage complex calendars, independently determining scheduling priorities and appropriate attendees.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, coordination of agenda items and participants, badging, and information dissemination.
- Arrange complex foreign and domestic travel and itineraries, including complex security arrangements.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex conferences, meetings, and off-site events with multifaceted components, unique sponsor requirements, and complex security protocols.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for both classified and unclassified correspondence, complex reports, and presentations.
- Prepare and/or compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate security in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) environment and ensure performance of all tasks in accordance with elevated security requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including advanced computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office software, accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Advanced experience working under minimal supervision to coordinate and complete tasks on multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting deadlines with conflicting and rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, flexible, and reliable; exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information and personnel interactions.
- Demonstrated advanced customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of Laboratory personnel and management, visitors, and external sponsors and stakeholders using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel; and independently planning and organizing complex workshops, conferences, meetings, and off-site events including complex clearance requirements.
- Experience handling and protecting classified information.
- Experience working in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) facility.
- Experience interpreting and applying LLNL policies and procedures.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top Secret clearance.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite or At Will appointment. Only Laboratory employees with Career Indefinite or At Will status may apply for this position. If final candidate is an At Will employee, At Will status may be maintained based on funding considerations.