Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities which require independent judgment and follow through. This position is to support the Information Technology Solutions (ITS) Division in the Computation Directorate supporting the LivIT program.
- Provide advanced administrative and secretarial support to the Division Leader, Deputy Division Leader, and Group Leaders, including managing complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities for management.
- Represent management in daily matters to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Develop and implement spreadsheets and tracking systems to independently track action items, coordinate timely flow of paperwork and check for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to management for approval.
- Coordinate internal and external interviews, including preparation of agendas, coordinating schedules, possible foreign national paperwork, badge requests, and information dissemination.
- Assist with the hiring process including preparing job postings, gathering appropriate information, tracking applicants and processing hire packages.
- Arrange complex domestic and foreign travel and itineraries for division/project personnel and coordinate/track conference travel including TA oversight.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask/multi-faceted environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience compiling and preparing presentations and editing text for publication and/or high-level distribution.
- Experience with LLNL’s LHire and Lapis systems and processes.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.