Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a High-Voltage Electric Utility Distribution System Maintenance Coordinator. You will provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight of preventive maintenance, corrective repair, and replacement projects. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and scheduling of material, equipment, and personnel required for work orders and projects in the maintenance and repair of electric utility distribution systems. You will have technical responsibility for managing subcontracted maintenance efforts. This position is in the Electrical Maintenance Division of the Central Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight to plan, initiate, and coordinate manpower, material, and equipment for maintenance and repair of electric utility distribution systems using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Analyze complex data and technical problems to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Review work requests, prepare job scope definitions, categorize job complexity, generate task breakdowns, identify task related hazards, and prepare schedule and effort estimates.
- Perform Davis-Bacon work order evaluations; manage subcontracted maintenance efforts.
- Coordinate multiple jobs, maintenance schedules, and facility outages simultaneously, identifying all necessary permits and operational requirements. Review material lists to ensure accuracy and timeliness of materials procurement to expedite job start.
- Plan and lead scope development meetings and site walk-downs, create sketches, drawings, plans, and work packages based on craft input, subject matter expert input, and field walk-downs.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of the latest maintenance/construction technologies, codes, laws and regulations, environmental requirements, DOE Orders, and all principles of Integrated Safety Management; implement LLNL safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with high level technical and administrative personnel, provide technical direction to others and ensure customer needs and issues are resolved and communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant technology (e.g. electrical power distribution) or equivalent combination of education and experience in technology related to design or maintenance of electric utility distribution systems.
- Extensive experience with electrical circuit breaker maintenance and testing.
- Highly advanced knowledge of the types of equipment, materials, and methods used for maintenance and repair of electric utility distribution systems.
- Highly advanced knowledge of electric utility distribution system maintenance procedures including scheduling, job estimating, and planning of tasks that could affect building activities and alternative courses of action.
- Highly advanced knowledge of hazards often associated with electric utility distribution system maintenance job tasks and work areas. Advanced knowledge of the application of ES&H policies and procedures, and security regulations.
- Experience providing highly advanced technical and administrative directing to others.
- Significant experience utilizing computers and associated software to manage and track work orders.
- Advanced customer service and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of scientific, technical, and administrative personnel.
- Experience managing work involving subcontractors.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.