Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Administrator to provide a wide-range of advanced and diverse administrative and organizational activities in a dynamic and fast-paced office that manages laboratory interactions involving outside partnerships and agreements. You will work independently following established procedures to plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of operational and organizational requirements and activities. This position is in the Innovation and Partnerships Office (IPO) within the Deputy Director’s Office, Science and Technology.
- Plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of operational and organizational requirements and activities on administrative matters.
- Represent the Director and Deputy Director when responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Review, execute and administer a variety of personnel-related activities related to workforce management for the work unit, ensuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Plan and coordinate large group meetings/visits, involving both US and foreign visitors.
- Plan and coordinate input for a variety of internal reports for Laboratory management, and external reports to DOE and Battelle.
- Serve as a member of Management Team participating in business and operational activities.
- Track non-reimburseable funds’ budget and expenditures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes in functional areas, including outside entities.
- Experience representing management to diverse internal and external contacts, communicating manager’s direction.
- Understanding of principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws. Knowledge and understanding of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Administrative and organizational skills, including attention to detail, flexibility, and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex work activities.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgement, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues effectively and ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications, WebEx and equivalent applications.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
- Experience with businesses outside of the Laboratory.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: Anticipated Clearance Level: DOE Q
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.