Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Logistics Service Specialist. You will be responsible for day-to-day leadership of Logistics Team, event planning, approving, processing, and executing moves, and a deployed team consisting of cleanroom custodians and logistics personnel in support of the National Ignition Facility and Photon Science (NIF&PS) Principal Associate Directorate (PAD). This position is in the Facility, Operations & Maintenance (FOM) Group within the NIF&PS Directorate Operations.
This position will be filled at either the A07.2 or A07.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Responsible for safe execution of all large-scale office migration and laboratory equipment relocations; direct team execution under competing time schedules.
- Lead, schedule, and oversee NIF&PS directorate logistics team in support of all directorate moves and special events.
- Develop and implement business processes and procedures for logistics team, space utilization and planning, NIF&PS move coordination, and event logistics planning.
- Develop schedules, track progress, monitor quality and ensure timely completion of various concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Oversee all preparations for all facility, event, and special project requests including task definition, deadlines, coordination and communication with other Directorates, management and organizations.
- Supervise a deployed team of cleanroom custodians and logistics personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the A07.3 Level
- Establish metrics, collect data, prepare intricate quarterly reports, charts, and complex analysis related to logistics and facility maintenance.
- Serve as a primary liaison with customer groups by attending project status reviews in order to schedule, assign work within group and meet deadlines.
- Experience coordinating multiple work activities, work flow and multi-faceted processes for a service operations/customer service area.
- Possesses knowledge of and experience applying industry best practices, techniques, standards, processes, and systems in one of the following areas; logistics planning, event planning, space utilization, or facility management.
- Experience developing processes and creating improvements to current business and service area processes.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with experience handling multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously in a dynamic operations environment.
- Experience applying organizational practices/policies, techniques, standards, processes, and systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include shiftwork, weekends, and/or on-call service.
In Addition at the A07.3 Level
- Associate Degree in a related field, or an equivalent level of demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Experience making decisions regarding the interpretation and application of in-depth and broad administrative processes and projects; developing supporting business/administrative processes and generating process improvements; leading projects and managing information and processes.
- Experience effectively supervising, leading, and/or building teams and developing budgets to effectively oversee operations personnel.
- Knowledge of NIF Programs and LLNL policies and procedures.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.