We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities which require independent judgment and follow through. Our office assists Lab scientists with proposal development and requires someone with excellent to outstanding grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills. This position is in the Program Development Support Office (PDSO).
- Represent management in daily matter to gather, clarify, and disseminate information and coordinate/organize activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory. Manage complex calendars includes independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets with pivot tables, and tracking/filing systems.
- Assist with proposal, report, a Qualificationsnd presentation development to include gathering input, combining multiple files, and ensuring consistency in final documentation. Ensure high-level grammar, punctuation, and proofreading are applied to all documents.
- Assist with personnel actions including subcontracts, summer student hires, Akima requisitions/hires, LLNL requisitions/hires, onboarding new hires, and terminations.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Assist with two internal websites using LifeRay as the web platform.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience working in a self-motivated and flexible manner, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to work overtime, when needed.