Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We are seeking a full-time health promotion program coordinator to join the Health and Productivity team in the Health Services Department (HSD) at LLNL. You will provide health risk assessment services, individual health coaching, and using in-depth knowledge, assist in the development, implementation, and improvement of the health promotion programs at LLNL
- Provide health risk screenings, analysis, and counseling – specifically lipid and glucose testing, blood pressure, weight, height, waist and body fat measurements.
- Provide expertise and health coaching on a wide range of diverse and multi-faceted topics including but not limited to exercise, nutrition, weight management, blood pressure, lipids, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and pre-diabetes, healthy travel and chronic sleep difficulties.
- Provide musculoskeletal and cardiovascular fitness assessments and analysis; develop corrective exercise plans.
- Utilize health education resources, marketing tools, and other strategies to inform, inspire and improve engagement of the LLNL workforce.
- Regularly participate in several institutional health improvement project teams to develop and administer health and productivity initiatives and programs.
- Provide professional support to the program as needed, including the collection and analysis of health data to assess the impact of health and productivity initiatives in health risk reduction and policy and program development.
- Represent program as technical lead and leading program staff to support program manager; including training and mentoring of program staff.
- Create and maintain accurate and discernable client records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care, public health, or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience providing health promotion services such as health risk assessments, health screening, and health coaching.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience providing health, nutrition, and exercise coaching services and an enthusiastic and positive approach to helping individuals achieves their health goals.
- Experience in development, implementation and evaluation of health improvement or similar programs.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact, present, and communicate technical information to a diverse workforce.
- Effective organizational skills with attention to detail necessary to handle multiple complex tasks in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities, tight and changing deadlines, and frequent interruptions while providing high-level customer service and good follow through.
- Experience working independently and in a team environment with a broad cross-section of people and organizations, managing multiple and overlapping projects, adhering to deadlines.
- Advanced analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend, and implement actions/solutions for complex and/or sensitive medical issues.
- Master's degree in a health care, public health or related field.
- California license and Registered Dietitian (RD) Certification, Registered Nurse (RN) or related field.
- Certification in musculoskeletal evaluation and exercise guidance.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is an At Will appointment. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.