Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV to provide a full range of advanced and diverse administrative duties in support of the Materials Engineering Division (MED) Office. You will work as an integral team member with other MED administrative staff in supporting the full range of administrative responsibilities of the organization. You will perform a combination of difficult and complex secretarial and administrative functions with multiple components and conflicting priorities, which require independent judgment and follow through. You will act as a resource with proactive responsibility for the daily operational activities of assigned administrative functions. This position is in the Materials Engineering Division Office (MED), within the Engineering Directorate.
- Provide advanced administrative support to MED Division Superintendents and overall management in the Division.
- Coordinate daily administrative operations for task responsibilities specific to MED, making decisions of moderate to high impact on day-to-day operations.
- Serve as primary training database coordinator and timekeeper for the Division to ensure compliance with organizational and institutional requirements.
- Represent Division management in daily administrative matters to gather, clarify, coordinate, and disseminate information, which will require working closely with internal and external customers.
- Independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues. May serve on administrative special projects.
- Coordinate and compile complex databases, spreadsheets, and reports for the Engineering Directorate.
- Manage complex and confidential calendars with authority to commit time and independently set priorities and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitasking environment with rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Experience researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures with the ability to be proactive to meet programmatic needs and requirements while tracking, compiling, and monitoring data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information or official use only (OUO) information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills including FileMaker Pro and Adobe Acrobat with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and foreign travel.
- Specialized knowledge and experience supporting recruiting and hiring efforts including interactions with candidates and hiring managers and processing new hire paperwork.
- Knowledge of the Issues Tracking System.
- Experience with the following LLNL systems: LITE, LEAP, LAPIS, LHIRE, LTRAIN, Cliqbook, ePay, eCaps, and Entrust.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.