Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Division Office Administrative Specialist IV. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities in support of the Materials Engineering Division (MED) Division Leader and two Deputy Division Leaders. This position is in the Materials Engineering Division Office (MED), within the Engineering Directorate.
- Represent MED management in daily administrative matters to gather, clarify, coordinate, and disseminate information, which will require working closely with internal and external customers.
- Independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues. May serve on administrative special projects.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and reports for the Engineering Directorate. Coordinate daily administrative operations for task responsibilities specific to MED, making decisions of moderate to high impact on day-to-day operations.
- Serve as a primary personnel action (PAS) initiator for the Division.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex and confidential calendars with authority to commit time and independently set priorities and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinate external visits and assignments often requiring special paperwork, verification of security clearances, preparation of agendas, badging and information dissemination.
- Prepare local, domestic, and international travel, involving complex itineraries and incorporating and rescheduling as priorities evolve and change
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Experience researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures and demonstrated ability to be proactive to meet programmatic needs and requirements while tracking, compiling, and monitoring data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, mature judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information or official use only (OUO) information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, FileMaker Pro, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and foreign travel.
- Specialized knowledge and experience supporting recruiting and hiring efforts regarding interactions with candidates and hiring managers and processing new hire paperwork.
- Experience with the following LLNL systems: LITE, LEAP, LAPIS, LHIRE, LTRAIN, Cliqbook, ePay, eCaps, and Entrust.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.