Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under limited supervision, this individual will perform a full range of complex secretarial and administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. The successful candidate will provide back-up support to the Administrator for the National Security Weapons Vault, be responsible for checking everyone in and going over rules for all NSV tours, as well as maintain a security barrier during each tour. You will also support the PADO staff as assigned, including processing their frequent complex travel. This position is located within the Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate and will report directly to the Executive Assistant to the Principal Deputy Principal Associate Director.
- Represent management and serve as a resource in daily routine matters; serve as a resource on organizational policies and procedures.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data and prepare complex reports and presentations.
- Independently compose correspondence for signature.
- Screen telephone calls, independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, follow through on requests; review, prioritize and disseminate incoming mail.
- Independently schedule appointments, maintain calendars and organize meetings and small conferences.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets and tracking/filing systems.
- Arrange complex travel and itineraries and compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Interpret institutional and organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results with advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions with effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling complex business sensitive and classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Demonstrated advanced customer service skills and advanced written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with all level of personnel in a scientific environment.
- Extensive experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
- Extensive experience in a classified environment.
- Experience handling classified or sensitive information.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.