Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Business or CAD Administrators to support the Enterprise Lifecycle Management (ELM) System. You will provide technical support to the ELM System in the development, testing, installation, and support of the system. You will drive and create Business or CAD processes, obtaining requirements from business units and provide training for Business or CAD processes. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, support personnel, and administrators dedicated to evolving and supporting the ELM system in its critical mission of national defense. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either the 320.1 or 320.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level. Some travel may be required.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement advanced Business or CAD systems, processes, and domain support within a Windows environment, including working with multiple modules involving data, document, component, supplier and change/configuration management, approval workflows, bills of material, and visualizations.
- Design, develop, and deliver software training and related documentation to the user community.
- Collaborate with internal team and external program representatives, acting as a domain expert in the unit, to combine complex business requirements which will be utilized to grow the capabilities of the PLM System.
- Provide day-to-day advanced Business or CAD support to individual customers by responding to complex technical support requests while using a high degree of independent discretion and judgment in analyzing and determining the probable cause of problems.
- Provide advanced guidance to individuals regarding Business or CAD usage and functionality, suggested techniques, best practices, and resolution to problems involving unexpected application behavior.
- Seek out productivity enhancing applications for Business or CAD processes.
- Interface with Business or CAD vendors to resolve and recommend solutions for escalated issues and problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the 320.2 Level
- Lead and manage highly advanced upgrade/update projects which affect Business or CAD processes as identified by the PLM/CAD Manager by creating and maintaining project plans directing the work of those assisting and providing status updates to involved business partners.
- Quality assurance testing to support highly advanced application change with respect to updates, upgrades, and migrations.
- Meet with business units to obtain requirements, provide alternate approaches and solutions to complex system issues that can be solved by increasing the PLM system portfolio of assets working independently, under minimal direction and utilizing creativity, and judgment to provide highly advanced support.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience working with Windows environments.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience with PLM systems (Windchill preferred) and how they provide the following: CAD Data Management, Document Management, Change/Configuration Management, Approval Workflows, Bills of Material, Visualizations, Components Management, Supplier Management.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities and meet deadlines that are important to project success.
- Ability to approach complex problems independently, under general direction with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of internal personnel and external suppliers, including the ability to work independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to prepare, present, and document technical information and reports.
In Addition, at the 320.2 Level
- Significant experience supporting a highly advanced enterprise-scale production application, and ability to resolve complex user issues.
- Ability to provide highly advanced technical direction and original, innovative approaches needed to apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Ability to collaborate with management, customers, or high-level technical personnel to provide leadership and direction in the design, evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of systems, services, or processes.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain highly advanced technical information and provide advice to management.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge of system rehosting and re-vaulting.
- Knowledge of JAVA language and programming.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: These are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.