Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Quality Control Document and Technical Specialist to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently following established procedures to assess business, operational and organizational requirements and deliverables, and apply general knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices to develop, approve, and implement administrative and operational activities. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED)/Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
These positions will be filled at either the E01.1 or E01.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Oversee quality control documentation process for projects within the nuclear facility.
- Assist engineers and technical team in defining, organizing, and prioritizing requirements to meet the quality control documentation requirements while adhering to strict business and technical constraints.
- Gather, compile, and analyze quality control data to support recommendations and assist in formulating scope of objectives to complete documentation reports.
- Provide support of classified technical documents including planning, monitoring, and reporting metrics to facilitate decisions related to schedule and/or escalation of issue.
- Coordinate with team members adhering to strict formatting standards and procedures to produce quality technical documents for submittal and create documents and incorporate document mark-ups which include screen shots using applications in accordance with prescribed formatting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate Configuration Management (CM) workflow release of part object and ancillary documentation through review, release, and track document status.
- Participate in software testing for new capabilities across the NSE by providing feedback on bugs, enhancements, access issues, and usability.
- Coordinate new data sources, define access requirements and quality standards, coordinate resolution of data quality issues, and communicate impacts of new and/or modified data requirements to affected stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the E01.2 Level
- Gather and analyze data to evaluate requirements and specifications to ensure accuracy on quality control documentation and process flow.
- Interact with team members, technicians, engineers, and management to facilitate and create quality control documentation both independently and as part of a team.
- Contribute to development and implementation of quality control documents and reports and participate in off-site testing which may require extensive travel at times.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience using MS Office business applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and various databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of classified document control, email, and computing procedures. Understanding of all standards, procedures, and techniques related to quality control document.
- Experience interfacing with multi-level personnel and communicating technical information to users.
- Ability to use discretion and problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as a team; recommending and communicating process improvements.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment under time constraints with general task definition and changing priorities.
- Ability to travel.
In Addition at the E01.2 Level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience gathering and analyzing quality control data for accuracy and completeness to ensure all requirements are met and experience working independently or part of a team in developing quality control documentation and reports.
- Experience providing and/or defining process flow and conducting comprehensive assessments to meet quality control milestones.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.