Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Facility Manager. You will provide advanced technical and administrative oversight of LLNL facility activities and be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of on-site offices, shops, and scientific and research laboratories for the NIF/PS Principal Directorate. You will be responsible for implementing work control in your assigned facilities, managing facility modifications, and maintaining facility safety documentation. This position is in the Facility Management Division (FMD) within the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Ensure facility systems function and special facility and plant equipment, including the facility heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical systems, fire protection systems, and alarm systems function reliably. Maintain list of mission critical equipment and systems and develop response protocols for equipment alarms.
- Maintain awareness of current and future critical tenant facility infrastructure needs. Anticipate and reconcile support problems, including technical and administrative factors affecting critical milestones.
- Develop, review, and implement procedures and plans including safety basis documentation, change control forms, Facility Safety Plans, Work Control Documents, roof access plans, and facility project plans.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to ensure that chemical and radioactive materials inventories remain within facility authorization limits and are consistent with ES&H Manual and Laboratory requirements.
- Oversee and evaluate activities performed in the facilities and concur on and release all work conducted in the facility to ensure they are within the facility safety basis, that work conflicts are avoided, and hazards to occupants or to the facility are identified and controlled.
- Lead regular self-assessment inspections and walkthroughs, managing facility related deficiencies and issues to closure. Analyze moderately complex data to identify problems and plan and implement solutions. Report hazards and other areas of concern to management.
- Provide daily direction to facility coordinators, material handlers, and craft personnel to complete facility related activities.
- Manage minor facility repair and modification projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate technology or an equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation and maintenance of HVAC, architectural, and facility utility systems found in office, shop, and laboratory facilities.
- Significant experience in facility management, facility maintenance, or facility operations and in-depth knowledge of interactions and interdependence of facility related systems and program operations/equipment. Ability to use facility related equipment and systems including computer operating systems and related software applications.
- Significant experience working independently as well as directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated experience directing the activities of facility coordinators, material handlers, and/or craft personnel to complete facility related activities, or similar supervision experience.
- High level knowledge of ES&H policies and procedures as they apply to office, shop, and specialized hazardous facilities.
- Demonstrated advanced decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with co-workers, facility tenants, managers, and other service providers.
- Facilities Management Certification from an accredited university or industry recognized association such as International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI).
- Project management experience.
- High level knowledge of work control practices at LLNL.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.