Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have openings for Low Voltage Electrical Craft Supervisors. You will have technical, administrative, and supervisory responsibility for managing and coordinating the work of electricians in the Laboratory’s Site 200 Maintenance Production Electrical Systems group. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Supervise and coordinate the daily work of electrician crews engaged in the installation, repair, and maintenance of plant low voltage electrical facilities.
- Interpret and apply Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) policies and procedures pertaining to Performance Management including but not limited to; constructive and timely feedback to employees, training and personnel actions including hiring, discipline, documentation and interviews.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines, building and programmatic personnel; schedule work assignments from job orders, work requests, blueprints, and specifications; solve problems and make decisions effectively.
- Perform work in accordance with plans and specifications ensuring work is performed safely and in compliance with Federal, State, and LLNL Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) requirements and policies.
- Establish goals and measurements for productivity improvements in craft work processes and make appropriate adjustments.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, management, and other shops at Livermore Site 200 and Site 300.
- Perform essential computer skills to communicate with administrative and management personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive journey-level work experience with low-voltage systems and equipment, including experience with construction, test equipment, tools, and maintenance.
- Technical, administrative and supervisory skills with experience in independent decision making, workload scheduling, labor utilization, implementation of policies and procedures, execution of disciplinary action, and completion of performance appraisals.
- Experience with practical assessment of electrical worker’s skill of the craft and safe work procedure qualifications.
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills to facilitate collaborative interaction between electricians, engineers, and customers.
- Proficiency using personal computers and software, including the ability to interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical, administrative and management personnel.
- Ability to work scheduled and emergency overtime work, including off-hours on-call rotation, and be able to work all shifts and in all buildings and areas of the Laboratory, including Site 300.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of the function and operation of typical security policies and procedures for nuclear, sensitive or limited-access facilities.
- Experience with maintenance and reliability standards and concepts such as root cause analysis, reliability centered maintenance, continuous improvement, NFPA 70B and ANSI/NETA testing specifications.
- Proven success in driving a workplace enhancement initiative such as: equipment modernization, operational excellence, worker engagement, preventive maintenance management system rollout, safety culture improvement, or similar program.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: Relisted position. Originally listed on August 8, 2019. Prevoius candidates need not reapply. This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.