Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities which require independent judgment and follow through. This position is in the Nuclear Threat Reduction (N) Program within the Global Security Directorate.
- Represent management and serve as a resource in daily routine matters; gather, clarify and disseminate information, and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Screen telephone calls, independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, follow through on requests, and read and prioritize email for the N Program Manager.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Assist in coordinating on-site programmatic events such as all hands meetings and awards ceremonies.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Arrange complex foreign and domestic travel and itineraries.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures and provide guidance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.