Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for Property Administration Specialist. You will provide oversight, training and guidance of the cradle to grave management of government accountable assets to the Laboratory’s Associate Directorate Property Representatives (ADPRs), Property Center Representatives (PCRs) and Property Custodians. This position is within the Asset Management Department of the Business Directorate.
- Provide guidance and training on asset management controls and property inventory requirements.
- Routinely run reports and analyze data for performance and oversight of processes.
- Solve problems and analyze a variety of factors to develop solutions to include understanding interdependent institutional requirements governing assets.
- Provide information to inquiries that require research and interpretation of policy and procedures relating to asset management operational requirements.
- Provide oversight and guidance to programmatic customers regarding assets provided to offsite vendors and collaborators; analyze, interpret, and provide direction on property reconciliation and disposition at the end of contract term.
- Participate with team members researching and tagging assets located within the site.
- Participate in cradle-to-grave tractability of property, including identification of assets, reconciling asset values and applying naming conventions.
- Coordinate with peers, program and field personnel on movement and relocation of assets internal and external to the site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing government material and/or property and/or comparable material management concepts, applying business practices/policies, regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes and systems.
- Experience researching inquiries and regulatory requirements, interpreting and applying policies and procedures and providing response to requestors.
- Experience assessing processes, developing and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively toward common goals and objectives.
- Experience with personal computers and software applications (word processing, spreadsheets and databases).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with experience interacting considerately and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines at various levels.
- Knowledge of LLNL Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of institutional applications, such as Sunflower Assets (SFA), Universal Content Management (UCM), Laboratory Integrated Network for Contracts and Supply (LINCS) and the Laboratory’s on-line shipping request application ShipIt. Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.