Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have openings for Job Managers (Maintenance/Construction Coordinators). You will provide advanced technical and administrative oversight of preventive maintenance, corrective repair, and replacement projects. You will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling of material, equipment, and manpower for required work orders and projects supporting the construction, repair, replacement, and maintenance of equipment, and infrastructure systems. These positions are in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department. These positions may require working at Site 300 in Tracy, California.
- Provide advanced technical and administrative coordination and oversight of construction, preventive maintenance, corrective repair, and replacement projects.
- Review complex construction specifications and standards including identifying material and equipment required to perform job. Obtain necessary permits, prepare field memos, RFI’s and change orders as necessary.
- Collaborate with managers, supervisors, planners, engineers, facility contacts, safety and environmental professionals to develop Work Control Documents by facilitating job walks and pre-start meetings.
- Supervise small construction work to ensure safety, quality, and completion; lead safety meetings/pre-start briefs, and mitigate any safety concerns.
- Provide technical direction in the development and implementation of equipment commissioning plans.
- Close out construction ensuring work being performed by crafts meets the requirements of the issued scope of work in the Work Planning and Control Document create punch list.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 369.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight of construction, preventive maintenance, corrective repair, and replacement projects.
- Manage construction/maintenance projects and budgets; generate reports and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Technology or Construction/Maintenance Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge in maintenance and construction project coordination.
- Experience managing complex multi-craft projects and advanced knowledge of the ES&H policies and procedures and OSHA procedures that pertain to contractors in the areas of mechanical and electrical LOTO, noise, confined space, fall protection, pressure safety requirements, and rigging and hoisting.
- Advanced knowledge of types of equipment, materials and methods used for repair and maintenance of conventional facility systems including scheduling, job estimating, and planning of tasks that could affect mission activities.
- Experience effectively managing multiple activities simultaneously including planning and leading meetings, coordinating logistics, defining objectives and ensuring objectives are met.
- Experience utilizing computers and associated software to manage projects, schedule maintenance/repair activities and generate reports.
- Significant experience interpreting complex maintenance and construction technical performance/building codes/regulatory compliance requirements and planning and directing maintenance/construction activities.
- Advanced customer service and interpersonal skills including experience using tact and diplomacy to interact effectively with all levels of scientific, technical, and administrative personnel.
In Addition at the 369.2 Level
- Extensive experience with theory, design, construction, installation, and maintenance of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing systems and components.
- Advanced knowledge of carpentry, paint methods and materials.
- Knowledge of environmental, safety and health, standards and specifications, policy and procedures.
- Certified Construction Manager or Project Management Professional.
- Knowledge of Davis Bacon Act.
- Experience working with Bargaining Units and Trade Unions.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidiomycosis).