Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Carpenter/Painter Craft Supervisor. You will have technical, administrative, and supervisory responsibility for managing and coordinating the work of Carpenters and Painters in the Laboratory’s Maintenance Production Architectural/Civil Systems group. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Supervise and coordinate the daily work of journey-level carpenter and painter crews engaged in maintenance, repair, and construction activities.
- Interpret and apply Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) policies and procedures pertaining to Performance Management, including but not limited to: constructive and timely feedback to employees, training and personnel actions including hiring, discipline, dismissal, documentation and interviews.
- Serve as a point of contact between the management team and workers, participate fully in management team decision-making and goal setting.
- Establish goals and measurements for productivity in craft work processes and make appropriate adjustments.
- Serve as a Responsible Individual RI/Work Supervisor responsible for day to day work activities of assigned personnel ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with Work Planning and Control.
- Responsible for the general oversight and personal commitment to the goals of Integrated Safety Management, Integrated Safeguards and Security Management, compliance with all ES&H regulations, good business practices, diversity, and equal opportunity.
- Perform essential computer skills to communicate with administrative and management personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive journey-level knowledge, abilities and work experience in the carpenter and painter trades.
- Technical, administrative and leadership skills with experience in independent decision making, problem solving, workload scheduling, and workforce utilization.
- Ability to interpret and implement personnel policies and procedures, disciplinary actions, and complete performance appraisals.
- Ability to provide effective direction and adjust work activities to meet changing requirements as well as motivate, train, develop and provide guidance with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the application of ES&H laws and regulations, including evaluating work hazards and establishing safety standards to assure the public, worker, and environment are protected from adverse consequences.
- Knowledge of maintenance and minor alteration activities; safety standards; federal state and local codes, laws and regulations.
- Effective customer service and communication skills necessary to interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical and administrative personnel.
- Proficency using personal computers and related software programs and applications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California driver's license.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: Relisted position. Originally listed on October 23, 2019. Previous candidates need not reapply. This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidiomycosis).