Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Classified Administrative Specialist. You will perform a full range of advanced, diverse, and sensitive classified administrative duties. You will have extensive interactions with co-workers and all levels of management internal and external to the Division and the National Ignition Facility & Photon Science (NIF&PS) Directorate. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a combination of complex and difficult classified administrative duties, typically coordinating activities with multiple components, within standard policies and procedures. This position is in Directorate Operations, within the NIF&PS Directorate.
- Perform a combination of complex responsibilities including the coordination, monitoring, and maintenance of all incoming and outgoing classified documents utilizing Livermore Administrative Documents System (LADS) files in compliance with NNSA/LLNL (National Nuclear Security Administration) policy and procedures.
- Maintain records and administrative controls for classified matter received by and/or transferred from many internal or external organizations throughout the NNSA Complex.
- Interact with NNSA, lead reviews, and participate in audits, self-assessments, and annual accountable document inventories.
- Serve as a resource on all matters concerning classified documents and oversee Derivative Classifier (DC) and hand-carry authority requests, renewals, and re-certifications.
- Distribute and package accountable and non-accountable classified documents and media, including express mail for mailing to and from NIF&PS and other facilities; verify classified mail channels, ensure documents are marked properly, and comply with the established stringent classified document accountability standards; coordinate classified mail channel requests and renewals.
- Compose correspondence for NIF&PS staff pertaining to new classified requirements, audits, and self-assessments.
- Provide classified media transfer support, transferring data between classified information systems.
- Screen material for destruction to ensure the retention of critical weapons data as outlined by LLNL Records Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in classified documents/media handling, storage, protection, and administrative controls.
- Advanced administrative experience and skills, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple, complex tasks with changing priorities that may have limited task definition, utilizing effective organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including experience functioning effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying related policies and procedures.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must be self-motivated and exercise a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling classified and/or sensitive information.
- In-depth knowledge of LLNL Classified Matter Protection and Control (CMPC) policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) security policies and procedures.
- Understanding of Vault Type Room (VTR) operations policies and procedures.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.