Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Cyber Support Technician to provide basic cyber and technical support for multiple unclassified networks, standalone systems, security systems, user accounts and access and implementation of security controls. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division within the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 593.1 or 593.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Perform user account access management and monitor component compliance for various networks and standalone systems.
- Provide Cyber Security Escort (CSE) service for IT staff or programmatic customers.
- Perform IT equipment evaluations and procurement recommendations.
- Dismantle computer equipment and record steps of decommissioning process.
- Interact with users on security issues related to hardware, application software, and operating systems.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety training and perform all assignments in accordance with policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 593.2 Level
- Provide general technical and computer security guidance and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain security plans, component configurations, and process change orders.
- Work with information system security officers to help develop and recommend cyber security support processes and procedures.
- Associate’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and flexibility to adjust to changing deadlines.
- Ability to execute sound judgments in a highly dynamic environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with customers and handling issues with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Software Suite.
- Basic troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure issue is resolved and policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to consistently follow procedural guidelines.
In Addition at the 593.2 Level
- Experience developing and documenting work processes.
- Knowledge of and experience administering, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing Windows or Linux computers , software, and applications.
- Ability to write security plans, maintain component configurations, and inspect computer and network hardware.
- Experience with LLNL or Intelligence Community cyber security policies, procedures, and implementations.
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and practices for Windows or Linux).
- Information security training and COMSEC administrative, technical, or field experience.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.