Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Full Stack Engineer. You will design, develop and support Identity Management and Federated Authentication solutions in support of Enterprise Identity and Access management services, being developed and provided to the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and the Department of Energy (DOE), using leading edge technologies. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) working as part of the LivIT Workforce Enablement Team in the Computing Directorate which supports the LivIT program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Provide advanced software application engineering and maintenance for all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, and support.
- Generate functional requirements, develop architectural design documentation, provide status for project tracking activities, and prototype where appropriate.
- Deploy software following an agile design methodology to be secure, free of vulnerabilities, and componentized for ease of maintenance.
-Provide in-depth analysis and innovative methods to enhance and extend the product services to a broad customer base. Including government, industry, and citizens.
- Develop technical artifacts to support technical proposals, architecture, and application code base.
- Provide knowledge sharing with team members and/or mentoring in application design and business processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Lead complex system and process analysis efforts to provide original solutions to customers’ complex problems.
- Lead highly advanced analysis and implementation projects.
- Architect and develop cloud-based identity and access management solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or engineering related field, or the equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Broad experience with Java EE development.
- Broad technical experience with relational database management systems such as, Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively as part of a cohesive development team.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities, approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity and ability to change focus when necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience providing computer programming and/or related technical support.
- Significant experience with software quality assurance methodologies, including software system testing activities.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with cloud application hosting and security architectures.
Desired Qualifications (optional)
- Experience with cloud application hosting and security architectures, including containerized deployment environment (Docker).
- Experience with Federated Authentication / Identity Management (IdP, SP, SCIM) and authentication protocols (SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0).
- Experience with Angular, Bootstrap, HTML5, RESTful Web Services.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has one opening; to be filled as Career Indefinite or as At Will appointments. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.