Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for maintenance/construction coordinators with electrical or mechanical experience. You will apply technical knowledge and skills in support of maintenance and construction activities in DOE Hazard Category 2 and 3 nuclear facilities and laboratories associated with research and programmatic investigations of nuclear materials. This position is in the Nuclear and Hazardous Operations Program.
This position will be filled at either the 369.1 or 369.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Provide advanced technical and administrative oversight and/or coordination of maintenance and/or construction projects, work planning activities, and coordinate the efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment, and time to ensure proper and efficient operation and adherence to security, environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Analyze moderately complex data. Report results, identify problems, plan projects to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Plan and conduct meetings where maintenance/construction concepts are translated into possible courses of action.
- Serve as the point of contact with responsibility for maintenance/construction activities, from original design, system planning, construction, planning/estimating, inspection, maintenance, testing, system integration and operations to ensure compliance with all applicable standards and LLNL ES&H requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate significant maintenance/construction projects and operations to ensure compliance with complex technical performance/regulatory compliance requirements. Projects and operations may be in multiple nuclear facilities within the Superblock complex
- Provide frequent interaction with technical, administrative and administrative personnel within the nuclear facilities and project management organizations, and LLNS maintenance and supplemental labor organizations (e.g., Akima Construction Services, Facilities and Infrastructure maintenance personnel).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 369.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and/or oversight in support of LLNL maintenance and construction projects, planning/estimating/ inspecting.
- Provide highly advanced direction and/or oversight to meeting construction and/or maintenance project requirements and/or planning/directing and coordinating the efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment, and time to ensure proper and efficient completion of program work.
- Direct complex maintenance and construction activities, execute technical lead or supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience with significant related experience in construction, or maintenance and operations of facility systems or utility site infrastructure systems.
- Significant knowledge of electrical or mechanical design and installation standards and practices.
- Extensive experience in the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of facility mechanical or electrical systems.
- Ability to identify, develop and effectively communicate recommendations to engineers regarding facility equipment maintenance/construction activities.
- Significant experience developing work process documents in support of maintenance/construction activities.
- Significant experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment which includes scientists, engineers, and technicians, and advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
In Addition at the 369.2 Level
- Extensive technical and administrative authority for maintenance/construction activities and operations.
- Ability to direct complex fabrications, assemblies, procurements, and maintenance activities to include; corrective and preventative maintenance, construction projects, or similar activities.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.