Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Project Controls Analyst (PCA). You will lead the effort to provide the data necessary to effectively manage the program’s project controls reporting processes. This position will programmatically support the Global Material Security (GMS) programs and administratively report to the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the Q01.2 or Q01.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Develop, set-up, and implement applications of the project controls system in accordance with established work processes and procedures.
- Prepare cost/schedule/earned value data.
- Monitor performance data and develop intermediate data analysis including assisting with the preparation of cost and schedule variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly reports and prepare and present cost and schedule information at internal meetings.
- Serve as point of contact and coordination with designated sponsor counterparts for specific planning and schedule tasks.
- Represent program planning and financial tracking information at sponsor meetings.
- Coordinate with Principal Investigators, Resource Analyst, and others to ensure data is maintained, accurate, and complete.
- Assist in gathering and developing necessary information for reporting including historical data and comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects and providing preliminary analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the Q01.3 Level:
- Independently maintain, review, advise, and supervise production of cost/schedule/earned value data, ensuring integrity of project controls data and compliance with processes and procedures.
- Utilize statistical tools to independently develop complex analysis including cost and schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Identify and implement process and procedure improvement to increase team planning and management efficiency.
- Prepare and present graphic presentations of complex cost, schedule, scope, and risk information at general and formal meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Intermediate experience, understanding, and knowledge of general project controls technical skills and experience with project controls systems for planning, organizing, performing, reviewing and presenting cost data, including current industry standards and technical developments.
- Basic level understanding of technical processes and financial reports.
- Knowledge of and experience using PC operating systems including Microsoft Office and cost/estimating/ scheduling/earned value computer applications (i.e.Cobra, WInsight, Primavera, MS Project).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary team members.
- Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks, deadlines, and deliverables, including coordination with remote team members to obtain needed information.
In Addition, at the Q01.3 Level:
- Experience performing project controls functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Experience performing statistical analysis, schedule monitoring and computer architecture, and operations to disseminate, create, and present highly detailed and complex financial information to diverse audiences.
- Complete understanding of general project controls technical skills.
- Familiar with NNSA financial management structure.
- Program Management Professional certification/license.
- Familiar with Project Management tools.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is an At Will appointment. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.