Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Service Operations Specialist in the National Ignition Facility. You will work independently to administratively manage a broad scope of functions associated with policies, procedures, and systems. Responsibilities include administrative oversight to support various areas of the National Ignition Facility. This position is within the National Ignition Facility & Photon Science Principle (NIF&PS) Directorate.
- Develop and implement service operations procedures, methods and practice by leading implementation activities and monitors results.
- Conduct data analysis and present the findings in support of PAD operations.
- Develop area metrics, performance, and self-assessment programs; monitors service and customer satisfaction through a variety of tools and methods; prepares reports of results and initiates corrective actions.
- Supervise administrative staff including performance management, performance appraisals, mentoring, and workload management.
- Interpret client/customer needs, assesses the full requirements and collaborates in the identification of non-standard and unique solutions.
- Initiate and coordinate projects, managing information and processes from initiation to completion.
- Oversee and participate in planning, decision-making, and coordination of the National Ignition Facility events.
- Serve as primary liaison with customers and management to ensure complex problems are appropriately handled, providing recommendations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of significant experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- Experience supervising the work of others.
- Ability to lead departmental or large-scale projects including planning activities, providing ongoing updates to management, and providing direction and feedback to team members.
- Experience coordinating multiple, frequently shifting work activities, workflow and multi-faceted processes for a service operations/customer service area, including ability to lead administrative projects.
- Experience developing supporting business and service area processes and developing and implementing process improvements for a service operation area.
- Work independently on highly involved projects with frequently changing variables and multiple factors that are not easily answered by standard procedures.
- Experience collecting, analyzing, tracking, and reporting performance data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with suppliers and programmatic personnel, and management.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.