Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist. Under limited supervision, you will perform a full range of moderately difficult administrative activities in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. In addition to being well organized and methodical, your communication skills will be needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions across the laboratory. This position is in the Computing Associate Directorate Office.
- Serve as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Independently compose correspondence for signature.
- Independently schedule appointments, maintain calendars, track action and signature items, ensuring timely flow of paperwork, and verify accuracy prior to submission for approvals.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative functions, including independently answering inquiries, making appropriate referrals, following through on requests, and maintaining spreadsheets, files and tracking systems.
- Arrange moderately complex domestic and foreign travel and itineraries, including submitting expense reports and procesing payment requests.
- Coordinate internal and external interviews, including preparation of agendas, coordinating schedules, processing foreign national paperwork, badge requests, and information dissemination.
- Coordinate, process, track and manage details for external visitors and collaborators, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agendas, badging, and information dissemination.
- Serve as an administrative team member and assist with special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Administrative knowledge and experience, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills with experience working under limited supervision, prioritizing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and critical deadlines, while showing flexibility, attention to detail, discretion, tact, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, mature judgment, professionalism, and discretion, necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the directorate.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to moderately difficult administrative problems.
-Proven ability to be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to set priorities and goals.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with programs such as the Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Familiarity with LLNL’s Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LAPIS, LHIRE, LEAP, LITE, FTS, VTS and ePay.
- Active Q Clearance
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has 1 opening; to be filled as Career Indefinite or as At Will appointments. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.