Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Organizational Development (OD) Consultant /Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (SHRBP) to provide a full range of services, such as coaching and mentoring, organizational change and design, employee engagement, strategic planning, diversity and inclusion, conflict management, and team effectiveness including facilitation/training. You will utilize your broad expertise in organizational development/human resources to interact with all levels of management and employees. This position is in the Strategic Human Resources Management Directorate Office.
This position will be filled at either the H04.3 or H04.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Provide internal consulting services to management on topics such as organizational change and design, strategic planning, succession planning, leadership development, career development, performance management, culture, team effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, and conflict resolution by building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Provide confidential consultation and coaching for management, supervisors, and individual contributors to further develop management and leadership skills.
- Utilizing best practices and tools, consult with project and work teams to assess and design programs to help organizations achieve greater effectiveness and communication. Build collaborative work relationships with similar functions across the Lab in support of these programs.
- Diagnose, recommend and implement interventions for employee relations situations to build trust and support changing business needs, employee engagement and dynamic workforce needs. Provide conflict management consulting support.
- Manage and conduct highly sensitive, and potentially complex change management activities and strategic initiatives to meet organizational objectives. Provide support for business decision during change initiatives, supporting cross-functional projects by managing change and transformation from a consultative and business perspective.
- Lead emerging leader and team-building exercises and programs, including conducting 360 surveys, using DiSC assessments, and/or other tools to meet the unique development needs of the client.
- Work with other internal OD consultants and Training & Development staff to design and conduct organizational effectiveness needs analysis and implement development solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the H04.4 level:
- Manage and conduct highly sensitive and complex interventions with a significant span of influence with the client.
- Lead confidential consultation and coaching for executive level management to further develop management and leadership skills.
- Act as knowledge leader and advise senior management and/or lower level OD Consultants/HRBPs on organizational effectiveness including leadership effectiveness and workforce program effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources or related field; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience and advanced knowledge and understanding of organizational development models, principles, concepts, practices, standards, processes, and systems and their applications.
- Ability to improve the organization’s effectiveness by formulating a questioning strategy that results in effective diagnosis of organizational opportunity.
- Effective emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills to interact with and build relationships with a wide variety of technical and non-technical senior leaders, managers and employees. Strong facilitation and communication skills necessary to advise and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way that they can understand, on a wide variety of issues to ensure mutual success.
- Experience facilitating leadership and management development learning activities, including needs analysis, design, instruction, use of alternative delivery mechanisms, implementation within intact work groups, individual coaching, marketing and evaluation.
- Experience providing effective process consultation and project management for a wide range of work-related and people-related projects and initiatives.
- Experience leading and facilitating succession planning, workforce planning, team development and consulting with managers on performance and behavior issues.
- Advanced organizational, problem solving, decision making, root cause analysis and analytical skills necessary to independently advise, consult and recommend appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Experience functioning as a change agent for whole systems or organizational units, working across organizations vertically and horizontally, implementing programs by overcoming resistance and resulting in long-term change.
In Addition, at the H04.4 Level:
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience designing, developing and implementing organizational and institutional OD or strategic HR solutions.
- Significant experience functioning as a change agent for whole systems or major organizational units, working across organizations vertically and horizontally, implementing programs by overcoming resistance and resulting in long-term change.
- Coaching and/or other organizational development related certifications.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.