Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for an Office Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of a dynamic office. You will work independently following established procedures to assess business, operational and organizational requirements and deliverables and apply general knowledge of policies, procedures and practices to develop, approve and implement administrative and operational activities. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED)/Weapon Technologies Engineering (WTE) Program, within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs.
- Assess administrative and business operational procedures and systems, making recommendations or adjustments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Participate in planning, decision-making, development, and implementation of administrative processes.
- Review documentation for adherence to policies ensuring consistency within the work unit or functional area; participate in determining whether work unit is compliant with policies, procedures, methods, and practices and participate in the implementation of corrective actions to bring to compliance.
- Collect, validate, and interpret business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of strategic and/or workforce planning activities.
- Provide supervision to non-exempt administrative personnel to include hiring, training, performance management, and career development.
- Coordinate various personnel-related administrative processes for the work unit.
- Prepare and review a variety of reports and documents ensuring adherence to policy, consistency, and advising management as needed.
- Lead a team while coordinating and executing complex classified program reviews, meetings, workshops, and conferences of a technical nature.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry practices with experience applying analytical and research skills; coordinating and executing complex program reviews, meetings, workshops, or conferences.
- Supervisory experience with leadership and teambuilding skills to effectively build and manage an effective business and operations support team.
- Effective analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills necessary to independently advise, resolve, recommend, and approve appropriate actions to implement solutions.
- Effective leadership, team-building, and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through. Experience participating in business, operational and/or organizational projects and activities.
- Experience with personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications and developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
- Understanding of basic principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures and of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
- Experience maintaining and updating internal websites.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.