Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
This position will be filled at either the 538.2 or 538.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Responsible for ensuring facility heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical systems, fire protection systems, and alarm systems function reliably.
- Monitor and respond to facility alarms and emergencies during normal business hours.
- Process requests submitted for personnel relocations, telephone services, procured work services, IT support, and remote badging access.
- Provide oversight and coordinate multiple concurrent tasks and priorities associated with Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) teams, Radioactive & Hazardous Waste Management, and Environmental Functional Area.
- Perform facility point-of-contact (FPOC) responsibilities, oversee and evaluate activities performed in the facilities and concur on all service provider work conducted in the facility to ensure they are within the facility safety basis, that work conflicts are avoided, and hazards to occupants or to the facility are identified and controlled.
- Act as Annex Building Emergency Coordinator; interfacing with tenants and Emergency Programs in executing required emergency response and self-help activities.
- Coordinate office personnel relocations and remodeling activities in assigned facilities. Prepare, submit, and track telephone service requests. Support implementation of access control processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 538.3 Level
- Provide advanced coordination support through specialized technical and administrative knowledge by independently planning, initiating, and coordinating the scheduling of moderately complex maintenance, and leading project teams to install or maintain equipment.
- Make recommendations for improvements and provide solutions to resolve building issues or complete projects and ensure technical and safety guidelines, standards, specifications, and procedures are implemented.
- Anticipate and reconcile support problems including technical factors affecting critical milestones, developing solutions to resolve complex technical problems and collaborate with technical project personnel to develop appropriate solutions.
- Associate degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and facility related experience.
- Experience relevant to the safe operations and maintenance of HVAC and facility utility systems found in offices, shops, and laboratory facilities.
- Experience coordinating projects and performing building coordinator duties in specialized or hazard ranked facilities.
- Experience coordinating facility resources such as the crafts, contractors, vendors, project managers, construction managers.
- Experience working independently as well as directing the work of others.
- Intermediate knowledge of Mac or PC computer operating systems and related software applications, such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written, sufficient to interact effectively with co-workers, facility tenants, managers, and other service providers.
In Addition at the 538.3 Level
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.