We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV in the Office of Classification and Export Control (OCEC). Under limited supervision you will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative duties consisting of multiple components and requiring independent follow through. You will serve as the primary Classified Administrative Specialist (CAS) for OCEC. This position is in the Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate.
- Represent management in daily routine matters and serve as a resource interpreting and communicating policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary Classified Administrative Specialist for OCEC. Coordinating, monitoring and maintaining all incoming and outgoing classified documents utilizing Livermore Administrative Documents System (LADS) in compliance with NNSA/LLNL policy and procedures.
- Independently schedule appointments, maintain calendars, screen telephone calls and independently answer routine inquiries and make referrals with independent follow through on requests.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data and prepare complex reports and presentations.
- Establish, maintain and update complex databases, spreadsheets, tracking systems and complex filing systems for assigned areas.
- Arrange domestic travel which may include clearance arrangements.
- Serve as an administrative team member and assist with special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; as well as attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Advanced organizational skills, including the coordination of multiple activities and the ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals with limited task definition.
- Experience working effectively under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify and make independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
- Advanced computer experience with applications, such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software.
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- Knowledge of LLNL classified handling and protection procedures.