Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Business Analyst to take a leadership role in developing business and technical process improvement strategies for the Human Resource business systems. Most of these systems currently run on PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.2. You will be responsible for identifying process improvement strategies and enhancements, developing new business processes using best practices, and developing schedules for implementation. This position is in the Human Resources Service Operations Center.
This position will be filled at either the E01.3 or E01.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Analyze current Human Resources business processes and work flows; develop alternative approaches, practices and procedures for business process improvements; create fit/gap analysis presentations; facilitate implementation of new or enhanced business and technical solutions.
- Lead cross-functional projects and provide business analysis and consultative support for system enhancements, upgrades and implementation of new modules potentially including e-Profile Management, Skills & Competencies modeling, and Performance Management. Document associated new processes and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate standards and procedures to improve process efficiency; work to build fully functional and controlled business processes by providing process improvement expertise to functional and technical staff.
- Present solutions to senior business stakeholders and technical staff to identify and develop requirements and industry best-practice solutions to enhance the efficiency and integrity of Human Resources systems.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement project teams, gather complex user requirements, deliver process streamlining methodologies, make recommendations for new system strategies, and communicate solutions to stakeholders.
- Write test plans and test cases for system implementations and/or upgrades, and enhancements.
- Conduct testing for system implementations, upgrades and enhancements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the E01.4 Level
- Design and implement strategies for process improvements for functional business discipline in the areas of process improvement, workflow, and streamlining to reduce duplication.
- Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of current business processes that require an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end process without appreciable direction.
- Develop project plans including task estimation; facilitate and interact with internal resources to complete project activities.
- Prepare and present business process strategies and plans to all levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience analyzing current business processes and systems for efficiencies, cost reductions and streamlining of operations.
- Specialist level knowledge of human resource business principles, regulatory requirements, process efficiency concepts, industry best practices, and standards implementation.
- Significant project management experience: preparing project plans including task estimation, dependencies, and deployment schedules including interacting with internal resources to complete required project activities.
- Experience writing test plans and test cases for system implementations and/or upgrades, and enhancements
- Experience conducting testing for system implementations, upgrades and enhancements
- Advanced communication skills necessary to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary team members and uses negotiation skills to influence outcomes.
- Experience working effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
In Addition at the E01.4 Level
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience of the end-to-end process in designing and implementing improvements for business processes and workflow.
- Extensive experience planning large and complex efforts requiring collaboration of multiple disciplines and management groups.
- Extensive experience making decisions related to a project’s schedule, cost or institutional process implementation.
- Cross functional human resources work experience, preferably including Benefits Administration and Absence Management.
- Functional knowledge of Human Capital Management systems and technology, preferably PeopleSoft 9.2, Benefits Administration and Absence Management modules.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Tools and with Oracle database language and development tools including SQL and TOAD.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. L-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.