Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
Are you interested in recruiting some of the brightest, unique talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place through science and technology. We are seeking dynamic Recruiters who knows how to identify and recruit top talent to join our growing Talent Acquisition team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to draw on your knowledge of Talent Acquisition and forge dynamic relationships with hiring managers while collaborating and providing customer-focused consultation and guidance. You will be responsible for end-to-end recruiting activities including generating high quality candidate pipelines and providing an excellent candidate experience from start to finish.
This position will be filled at either the H03.2 or H03.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand business needs, define candidate qualifications, set expectations and create job listings that will attract some of the best technical talent in the industry.
- Manage candidates through multi-faceted hiring process; conduct in-depth phone screens, assess candidates against profiles/culture identifying and evaluating skill level, driving offer process, including salary recommendations and closing of candidates’ while maintaining a positive focus on experience throughout the process.
- Drive and implement creative search strategies designed to recruit niche candidates within limited candidate pools by promoting a strong brand through networking, cold calling, social media, developing/maintaining campus and professional relationships to ensure a full pipeline of passive and active candidates.
- Collaborate and build relationships in a complex matrix environment, driving talent solutions across multiple business segments with competing priorities, including participating on various projects including interviewing training.
- Provide consistent communication regarding recruiting efforts, diversity initiatives, and market related compensation by providing status updates to all stakeholders through workforce planning meetings, email updates, and reports.
- Ensure day-to-day operational effectiveness and quality talent acquisition outcomes by identifying areas of improvement and bringing/implementing solutions while establishing a culture of shared success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the H03.3 Level
- Serve as a knowledge leader on complex and challenging recruiting trends, searches and methodologies.
- Provide program design input and implementation experience with systems. e.g. ATS/CRM
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and experience of employment and recruitment principles, practices, processes and ability to deliver results with little supervision in an often-ambiguous environment.
- Experience and proven success creating complex search strategies utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and developing data analysis reports and presentations.
- Experience consulting, developing and implementing recruitment strategies, marketing plans and customized campaigns while assuring compliance of organizational policies and federal and state regulations.
- Ability to apply technical subject matter expertise, market intelligence, and deep industry knowledge to both strategic initiatives and individual searches.
- Experience using database software and data analysis tools and developing data analysis reports and presentations.
- Advanced verbal and written communication, excellent customer service, negotiating skills and the ability to effectively explain, advise and influence potential applicants and internal customers with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to travel on quarterly basis or as required.
In Addition at the H03.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience of employment and recruitment principles, concepts, practices, standards, processes and systems.
- Experience conducting complex data analysis and metrics and ability to drive business and behavioral changes with data.
- Mix of agency and corporate recruiting experience.
- Experience in applying analytics to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
- Executive presence and excellent consultative skills. Domain expertise to build productive partnerships with leaders and exceed their expectations.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.