20in us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Senior Systems Maintenance Coordinator. You will provide highly advanced technical and administrative oversight and coordination of preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and replacement projects. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction, oversight, planning and coordination in support of LLNL maintenance and construction projects utilizing planning/estimating, and coordinate efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment and time; report progress to senior management on issues relating to budgets and strategic planning.
- Serve as Subcontract Technical Representative for various maintenance, construction and repair subcontracts. Act as Responsible Individual (RI) for subcontracted work, provide Procurement team with bids for multiple qualified contractors, lead safety meetings/pre-start briefs, mitigate safety concerns, oversee subcontractor’s work to ensure safety, quality and job completion; evaluate work requests for applicability of the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Review and analyze complex technical problems, report and/or take actions on results, identify problems, plan projects to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Provide probability of failure estimates to Condition Assessment Survey team by evaluating condition of equipment.
- Collaborate with high level technical, administrative and managerial personnel and interact with support organizations, outside vendors and contractors.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of the latest maintenance/construction technologies, codes, laws and regulations, environmental requirements, DOE Orders, and all principles of Integrated Safety Management; implement LLNL safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology (e.g. engineering technology) or equivalent combination of education and extensive related experience in construction, or maintenance and operations of facility systems or site infrastructure systems.
- Highly advanced knowledge of the types of equipment, materials and methods used for repair and maintenance of conventional facility architectural systems including scheduling, job estimating, and planning of tasks that could affect mission activities.
- Ability to solve highly complex technical problems and/or performance requirement.
- Experience effectively planning and leading meetings, including defining and enforcing objectives.
- Advanced customer service and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy including the ability to interact effectively with all levels. Significant experience effectively managing multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience utilizing computers and associated software to manage and track jobs, schedule facility/equipment maintenance activities and generate reports.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of ES&H policies and procedures, regulatory requirements for equipment maintenance, and security regulations. Advanced knowledge of hazards often associated with maintenance job tasks and work areas.
- Experience managing work involving subcontractors.
- Experience in predictive or preventive maintenance.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.