Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Surveillance Officer. You will be responsible for assuring the health and consistent implementation of the LLNL EVMS. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Develop and implement LLNL’s annual EVMS surveillance plan and report independently to the Laboratory Director and LLNS regarding EVMS surveillance activities and findings.
- Develop and maintain LLNL’s surveillance database and associated metrics to assess the systemic health of the process, as assessed across multiple reviews.
- Assure any surveillance findings are managed to closure; as a delegate to the LLNL director, has authority to resolve EVMS surveillance issues.
- Responsible for EVMS compliance with EIA 748-D, or as required by the contract, on all applicable projects.
- Ensure risk-based, data-driven, and tailored surveillance reviews are conducted on applicable projects.
- Establish teams and appoint a team leader for each project surveillance review and assign resources.
- Identify or oversee the implementation of EVMS process and training changes to correct systemic findings.
- Serve as the LLNL authority regarding whether proposed actions represent a deviation from the LLNL EVMS.
- Provide technical expertise to a future portfolio of projects that will be required to implement a certified EVMS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in a federal government contracting environment with specific experience in DOD or DOE contracts for engineering, procurement and construction services.
- Expert knowledge in multi-disciplinary project controls and project performance reporting to federal agencies.
- Significant experience in EVMS certification by the Defense Contract Management Agency or other external federal certifying entities.
- Strong understanding of current national standards for EVM systems and relevant experience in demonstrating compliance to those standards to independent third-party reviewers.
- Leadership experience with strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Significant experience organizing and effectively coordinating multiple and frequently conflicting, concurrent tasks in order to meet demanding deadlines and schedules with good follow-through.
- Significant experience generating correspondence, reports, calculations, and presentations using latest software applications and tools.
- Expert verbal and written communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively present, explain, and advise senior management, reviewers, and stakeholders.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: Relisted position. Originally listed on 12/20/2019. Previous candidates need not reapply. This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.