Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
The Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate Office has an opening for an Administrative Specialist to support the US UK Program Office and management team. You will be a conduit for internal and external interactions in a highly dynamic office, and will work with program management on a daily basis. Interactions will be at all levels of management both internal and external to WCI and the Laboratory, to include the US UK, DOE and DoD communities. You will perform a full range of moderately difficult to complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment with critical deadlines and conflicting priorities. This position will be in the US UK Program.
- Coordinate all USUK interactions for the laboratory. Determine processes, update as necessary.
- Manage several complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities and time commitments.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex technical meetings with high-level management, classified and unclassified content, internal and external to LLNL as well as international.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Arrange frequent domestic and foreign travel, to include the processing of clearances and expense claims, agendas, and badging.
- Initiate, compile, and compose miscellaneous correspondence for signature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organization policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience with accurate keyboarding, editing, use of grammar and proofreading skills attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Advanced experience creating, editing, tracking, compiling, monitoring and updating procedures and large documents.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience working effectively under limited supervision in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing deadlines, instructions and priorities.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills, including the coordination of multiple activities and the ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals with limited task definition.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and all levels of staff and management.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and foreign travel.
- Advanced computer experience (PC) with applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software.
- Experience working with classified information.
- Experience working in a scientific or technical program.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.