Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Executive Assistant to provide executive level administrative support to the Principal Associate Director (PAD). You will perform a full range of advanced, diverse and complex executive assistant services in a highly visible environment. You will also serve as a point-of-contact for the area and senior manager supported; interface with senior-level internal and external personnel to exchange, gather and disseminate information. This position is in the Global Security (GS) Principal Directorate.
- Represent the PAD and other senior members of the GS management team in administrative business matters to all levels of Laboratory personnel and externally to LLNL.
- Clarify, coordinate, communicate, and disseminate information on behalf of the PAD and the GS senior management team.
- Independently set priorities when committing the manager’s time; organize and coordinate complex and often confidential calendars.
- Compile, coordinate, proof, format, edit, and finalize a variety of documents and email messages, most of which contain sensitive or privileged information, including correspondence, itineraries, reports, presentations, complex forms and talking papers for management.
- Conduct research, make requests for information, compile and coordinate internal and external information on a variety of business, operational and administrative topics and manage complex and often confidential files; determine retention/destruction status of documents using Laboratory guidelines.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of meetings on behalf of the PAD; organize internal/external meetings through developing agendas, determining and contacting attendees, and providing information for meetings or visits; commit funds for accommodations and meeting locations.
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel and independently make complex itinerary adjustments.
- Manage complex and confidential files of the PAD and other senior managers, including classified handling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing executive assistant support to senior management/executives; experience representing senior management/executives; significant experience working closely with and representing senior management/executives to diverse internal and external contacts.
- Broad knowledge of business operations and organizations related to Laboratory buisness.
- Advanced and broad executive assistant skills and experience including fast, accurate keyboarding and excellent grammar, proofreading and editing skills; expert level ability using personal computers and associated software; demonstrated expertise in preparing presentations using PowerPoint or similar software; experience using Excel.
- Experience coordinating and leading administrative projects; demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills necessary to independently identify and recommend appropriate actions and solutions to administrative issues.
- Advanced organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple complex tasks and work effectively while working in a fast-paced environment, with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication skills to effectively interact and represent the GS Directorate and all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Knowledge of appropriate handling of sensitive and/or classified documents and protection; experience effectively working with sensitive issues and exercising judgment and discretion.
- Experience applying and understanding complex policies and procedures.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.