Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for a Project Administrative Coordinator to support our Engineers in turning concepts into reality and to meet milestones. You will be a member of the Division Administrative Team and multiple Product Realization Teams. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs, within the Engineering Directorate.
- Represent Division management in daily matters to gather, clarify, coordinate, and disseminate information and activities, which will require working closely with internal and external customers.
- Independently prepare project documentation, perform data gathering, and coordinate internal and/or external document comments/reviews.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets, or tracking systems to document and track status of action items.
- Ensure action items are completed by the required due date, and proactively follow-up on any outstanding items.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities to ensure management presence for continued Program operations.
- Organize and coordinate large- and small-scale meetings encompassing all necessary administrative logistics including facility tours, and documenting meeting minutes.
- Initiate or oversee various monthly reports; analyze results and report to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally to an organization, while exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a classified/sensitive nature.
- Experience researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures and demonstrated ability to be proactive to meet programmatic needs and requirements while tracking, compiling, and monitoring data.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, often with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to assume responsibility on behalf of others and/or self and make decisions independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, and resolve diverse and multi-faceted issues using creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with complex software applications and ability to learn new applications such as FileMaker Pro, Windchill, and Elm with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, email, and calendaring applications.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience processing and tracking engineering authorizations.
- Experience with Defense Program Business Process Systems (DPBPS).
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.