We have an opening for a Citrix/VMWare Systems Administrator to provide advanced technical computer and infrastructure support for systems in this heterogeneous environment. You will work in a safety conscious, challenging, rapidly changing, and team-oriented environment to solve a variety of complex technical problems in a timely manner. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division, matrixed to the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Infrastructure Group within the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 393.1 or 393.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Work primarily at the main Livermore facility supporting and building infrastructure in a fast paced and heterogeneous environment while monitoring both Corporate and Isolated Network and Core Infrastructure Services, such as Exchange, Load Balancers, Active Directory, Storage Systems, Backups, VMWare, Virtual Servers, DNS, DHCP, Citrix Etc.
- Design, implement, and support Citrix XennApp/XenDesktop 6.5, 7.x, application publishing, and pool management, as well as VMWare Horizon 7, Thin Clients, vSphere versions 6.x, VDI, Virtual GPU clustering, Fiber Channel Storage, and VSAN.
- Provide expertise for the complex installations, configurations, and hardware and/or software upgrades using independent judgment to resolve complex systems and network-related problems.
- Collaborate with management, customers, and team members to evaluate and recommend procurements of Windows or Appliance based hardware and software.
- Independently resolve problems, requiring highly advanced knowledge of one or more platforms (e.g., Windows, Exchange, VMWare, Active Directory, Citrix, etc.)
- Define and maintain support documentation and procedures
- Be a team player, maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety knowledge, and support and represent the Infrastructure team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 393.2 Level
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex system and network-related problems, including driving problem resolution, working with vendors, and managing cases as required.
- Serve as a technical leader and an internal and external consultant, providing highly advanced technical assistance to the user community and collaborating with customers in the design of their computing environment.
- Function as a technology advocate, ensuring the most appropriate solutions are employed and maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and technical experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems and/or Virtual environments and related hardware.
- Extensive experienced with Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Computer Security and/or Networking Protocols.
- Ability to independently set priorities and resolve complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience exercising effective customer support skills in a diverse user community with widely varying levels of computer literacy.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills, with ability to work independently and interact with a multi-disciplinary staff in a team environment.
In Addition at the 393.2 Level
- Highly advanced knowledge of and substantial experience with Windows, and/or Linux operating systems, and/or Virtual environments and related hardware.
- Substantial experience mentoring employees in technical skills.
- Substantial experience serving as a technical team lead on projects, achieving positive results, and driving projects to closure on time and on budget.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and technical expertise with enterprise support tools for management, patching, or software distribution, computer network hardware, software, protocols, and principles, Windows computer security concepts and practices, computer network hardware/software, protocols and principles, and Windows operating systems.
- Professional computer certification (e.g., MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA A+, ACSP, RedHat) or a professional network certification (e.g., CCNA).
- Experience directing complex troubleshooting.