Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Senior Control Account Manager (CAM) to support the Advanced Sources and Detectors (ASD) project. This is a multi-year, multi-lab project to design and commission the next generation of radiographic capabilities for use in ensuring the safety and effectiveness of the nation’s nuclear stockpile You will be responsible for maintaining, managing, measuring and reporting on the scope, budget, and schedule performance associated with the control accounts under your control. You will work with the Senior Team Lead and Technical Lead in implementing efficient management and execution practices and in developing strategies to address the needs of the project. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
- Develop and maintain project controls system architecture and components, including work processes, tools, and procedures and ensure data integrity and assess project controls data to verify compliance with processes and procedures.
- Monitor earned value performance data, develop and approve complex data analysis, including variance analysis, recovery or corrective action plans, risk vetting, reporting, and estimate at completion analysis.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to identify cost trends and schedule impacts, use statistical tools to analyze metrics, and report cost, schedule, risk and earned value information formal meetings such as Management Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews, Design Reviews, and Earned Value Surveillance Reviews.
- Responsible for integration of project activities and total work scope for identification and maintenance of project critical path including performing and maintaining baseline change control management processes and logs.
- Prepare and present to internal and external organizations including hosting demonstrations of the Earned Value Management System to foster adoption and broaden implementation and use.
- Responsible for the effective execution of the project control system and on-the-job training for project controls processes and practices.
- Perform and oversee complex statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, and computer operations, and coordinate comparisons of historical data, scope, quantities, and cost data between projects as well as perform other duties as assigned Demonstrate a thorough understanding of an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and EIA-748C requirements as required by DOE O 413.3B and assure ASD LLNL activities are compliant with ASD EVMS requirements (Triad National Security EVMS will be followed).
- Provide quarterly assessments of ASD activities to EIA-748C requirements and provide details to the Senior Technical Lead for consideration/implementation.
- Assist the ASD Project Management Office with monthly cost and schedule performance status reporting to the Federal Project Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Extensive experience directing project control functions, including cost estimating, directing, planning, scheduling, development control, and analysis.
- Expert level of understanding of general project control technical skills and integration of all of the components of an Earned Value Management System, including organizational, planning, accounting, analysis, and revision of process areas.
- Highly advanced analytical and problem solving skills including performing statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, computer architecture, and operations to disseminate, create, and present highly detailed and complex financial information to diverse audiences.
- Expert knowledge and experience in using project controls operating systems such as Primavera, Cobra, or MS Project, and expert knowledge using Microsoft Office.
- Experience as a skilled specialist establishing criteria for project controls systems and process, as well as leading implementations of integrated project controls systems and tools.
- Experience independently and successfully clarifying issues, analyzing concerns, and resolving highly complex problems and implementing sound decisions under consultative direction.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
- Master’s degree n Engineering and/or certification as a Project Management Professional.
- Project Management Professional Certification, Earned Value Professional, and Six Sigma Certifications.
- Experience interfacing with external customers or industrial partners, especially the Department of Energy (DOE).
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.