Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer to independently and collaboratively perform a wide range of activities associated with supporting the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) infrastructure. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) within the Computing Directorate matrixed to the Cyber Security Program (CSP), in support of the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Design, implement and support CSOC Linux infrastructure environment.
- Install, maintain, and configure system environments to support CSOC services. Environments include servers, operating systems, storage devices, and applications software.
- Provide Splunk engineering and support, create dashboards and alerts; provide syslog server and cloud services support.
- Create and manage processes, systems, and tools exercising a high degree of responsibility.
- As a CSOC team member, respond to incidents, triage cyber security events, and threat hunting activities.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems and reduce operational overhead.
- Support systems off-hours as needed and as part of a regular on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Manage multiple complex parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member skills.
- Develop tools and procedures to improve monitoring infrastructures services and automate various complex tasks.
- Train and mentor team members in best practices and procedures.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS/Azure and with configuration management systems such as Ansible.
- Experience with cybersecurity tools, such as Wireshark, Snort, or Nmap, and with Splunk in creating dashboards and alerts.
- Experience with Virtual environments and/or containers knowledge.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.