Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We are looking for an Administrative Specialist to support key staff members within International Assessments, a mission critical Intelligence Program. You will be an integral part of your team's business operations and activities. We are looking for a well-organized strategic thinker that can handle multiple tasks with excellent prioritizing skills and able to change gears constantly to meet the needs for the team. Administrative personnel are not only key to LLNL they are highly professional and reliable individuals driven by a common mission: to strengthen the nation’s security through cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering. This position is in Z Program, within the Global Security Directorate.
- Perform an extensive array of complex and difficult administrative tasks including complex calendar management and database and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Act as a focal point for multiple program areas, assisting key staff members in daily matters to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Arrange complex and dynamic domestic and foreign travel itineraries; process expense reports.
- Arrange internal and external visits and meetings, including coordination of complex security requirements.
- Independently solve problems of broad scope and complexity.
- Research and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate security in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) environment and ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with elevated security requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing high-quality and professional administrative support to managers or multiple staff members within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience working independently under time constraints to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills, with careful attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills, mature judgment, flexibility, and reliability.
- Experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results.
- Experience handling and protecting classified information.
- Experience arranging complex clearance requirements in a variety of settings.
- Experience interpreting and applying LLNL policies and procedures.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.