Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV to provide a wide range of diverse administrative and organizational activities in an office that manages laboratory interactions involving outside partnerships, agreements and intellectual property. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a full range of administrative assignments often with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities which require independent judgment and follow through. This position is in the Innovation and Partnerships Office (IPO) within the Deputy Director’s Office, Science and Technology.
- Represent the Director and Deputy Director when responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities, arranging travel itineraries, and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinate and execute large group meetings and visits involving both US and foreign visitors through planning, and coordination including escorting, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Coordinate and compile data from multiple sources for a variety of internal reports for Laboratory management, and external reports for Battelle.
- Track non-reimbursable funds budget and expenditures.
- Coordinate support for institutional award programs R&D 100 and FLC.
- Provide backup support to other IPO administrative personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating administrative processes working with both internal and external entities.
- Experience representing management to diverse internal and external contacts.
- Administrative and organizational skills, including attention to detail, flexibility, and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex work activities.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgement, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications, WebEx and equivalent applications.
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent combination of significant experience and education in a related business, operational, and/or organizational area.
- Experience with businesses outside of the Laboratory.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.