Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Business Analyst 3 to take a leadership role in developing business and technical process improvement strategies for the Weapons Infrastructure Program databases. You will be responsible for developing business processes using best practices, creating strategic directions and implementation schedules for Safety, Infrastructure & Operations (SIO) G2 tracking and reporting. This position is in the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) within the Weapons Safety, Infrastructure & Operations.
- Analyze current SIO business operations processes and work flows; develop alternative approaches, practices and procedures for business process improvements; reform forecasting analysis.
- Provide specialist-level functional knowledge of FileMaker Pro suite and database development.
- Configure and test the FileMaker Pro databases, create streamlined process flow to ensure overall efficiencies are met.
- Lead projects and provide business analysis and consultative support for SIO Business Operations databases, upgrades and implementation for new customers. Document associated new processes and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate standards and procedures to improve process efficiency; work to build fully functional and controlled business processes by providing SIO Business Operations group expertise to functional and technical staff.
- Present solutions to senior business stakeholders and technical staff to identify and develop requirements to enhance the efficiency and integrity of SIO Business Operations Databases.
- Lead process improvement project teams, gather complex user requirements, deliver process streamlining methodologies, make recommendations for new system strategies, and communicate solutions to stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, information management, or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience including configuration and testing of FileMaker Pro;
- Experience leading the analysis and design of complex business processes; designing; and implementing strategies for complex improvements.
- Experience developing project plans, proposals including estimating resource requirements.
- Ability to communicate vision effectively; prepare and present business process strategies and plans to all levels of management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively, independently and as a team member with a broad range of knowledge related to Safety, Infrastructure & Operations and business management.
- Experience training/mentoring team members on complex technical directions and new systems requirements.
- Knowledge of Weapons Infrastructure-SIO organization;.
- Experience developing integrated strategies for business process improvements and partnering with stakeholders to create long term strategies for improved business processes.
- Experience developing integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decisions.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.