Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Records & Information Management Administrative Specialist IV. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a full range of advanced and complex information management assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and competing priorities. You will have extensive interactions with your immediate supervisor, coworkers, customers, other internal employees and external vendors. This position is in the Records & Information Management Group (RIM) within the Technical Information Department.
- Serve as a resource and interpret and apply RIM policies, processes and procedures.
- Assist with the review and disposition of records in accordance with the Laboratory’s retention schedules, policies, processes and procedures, legal and operational business requirements.
- Manage action items in a timely manner and review documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to management for approval.
- Support customer inquiries and requests for information.
- Maintain RIM software solutions and knowledge management tools to support the information management lifecycle in various media and formats, including electronic and hardcopy.
- Generate and compile data from multiple sources and review work order data to ensure data integrity meets records process requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic technical problems using established guidelines, techniques and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying related policies and procedures.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate data entry, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, ability to exercise a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience prioritizing multiple and complex tasks with frequent interruptions and distractions, often with short deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively and, collaboratively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Experience with document and information management software applications and the ability to quickly learn new software tools.
- Experience implementing RIM industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience interpreting retention schedules, policies, processes and procedure and experience conducting high-level enterprise-wide records inventory assessments.
- Knowledge of the ARMA International Information Governance Maturity Model and National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) records management best practices.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.