Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in support of the Global Security (GS) Principal Associate Directorate (PAD) Office Senior Managers. As a member of the administrative team you will solve problems of broad scope and complexity, develop and implement new techniques, interpret policy, formulate recommendations, establish procedures, and coordinate activities with multiple components. You will interact on a frequent basis with high-level management personnel internal and external to Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). This position is in the Global Security (GS) Principal Directorate.
- Represent selected senior management in daily interactions with all levels of Laboratory personnel internally and externally to LLNL. Independently clarify, coordinate, communicate and disseminate information on behalf of these senior managers.
- Manage complex and confidential calendars with full authority to commit time and independently set priorities.
- Oversee all arrangements for the senior management’s local, domestic, and international travel, involving complex itineraries and incorporating and rescheduling as priorities evolve and change.
- Assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues independently.
- Initiate, compose and edit administrative correspondence for management's signature.
- Serve as GSPAD Office first line-of-contact for incoming telephone calls and visitors, review and prioritize incoming mail; independently answer routine inquiries or make appropriate referrals, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative functions including, but not limited to, signature items, electronic signature log, mail distribution, filing systems, ordering office supplies/equipment, conference room management, and fleet management. Assist with special projects and assignments.
- Serve as the GSPAD LITE Timekeeper and LTRAIN Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced administrative and management support skills, including fast, accurate typing, and advanced writing, proofreading, editing and grammar skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the office with all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Excellent organizational skills with experience prioritizing multiple and complex tasks, and managing and completing complex projects.
- Ability to be flexible in work assignments and under time constraints on simultaneous and conflicting priorities.
- Experience working effectively under minimal supervision within an environment with frequent interruptions and changing deadlines, instructions and priorities.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently identify and recommend appropriate actions and solutions to administrative issues. Experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results.
- Knowledge of appropriate handling of sensitive and classified documents; experience effectively utilizing mature judgment, diplomacy and tact while working with sensitive issues.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with LLNL standard software packages for preparing correspondence, presentations, processing travel vouchering, and spreadsheets.
- Experience working in a scientific or technical program.
- Broad, institutional knowledge of the Laboratory and its programs.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) L-level or Q-level clearance or an active Secret or Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite or At Will appointment. Only Laboratory employees with Career Indefinite or At Will status may apply for this position. If final candidate is an At Will employee, At Will status may be maintained based on funding considerations.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.