Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Senior Business Analysts within the National Ignition Facility and Photon Science (NIF&PS) Principal Associate Directorate. You will be responsible for analyzing, planning, executing, and leading activities pertaining to various projects within NIF&PS. These positions are in the National Ignition Facility & Photon Science (NIF&PS) Principal Associate Directorate (PAD).
- Lead service management and business process development and implementation of institutional documents and complex business processes and initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies for addressing process improvement requirements and development of document control system functional requirements.
- Prepare project plans, identify resource requirements and track projects to completion.
- Oversee and communicate the development and maintenance of the electronic records management system functional requirements for physical and electronic records delivery model.
- Plan, conduct, and direct physical and electronic records inventories and assessments, and implement strategies for maintaining the Laboratory records retention schedules.
- Develop and oversee the records liaison officer program and training to ensure requirements are met.
- Plan large and complex efforts requiring collaboration of multiple disciplines and management groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the E01.5 Level
- Manage significant and highly visible facility projects, including cost estimating, cost control and cost analysis. Identify and gather essential data for infrastructure portfolio performance and milestone reporting and quarterly Performance Evaluation Management Plan (PEMP) reports. Deliver reports in a timely manner and in compliance with DOE/NNSA/DoD/Federal and State regulations and applicable laws and present annually to Livermore Field Office.
- Develop business models to monitor the program execution of deliverables from each of the Integrated Project Leaders.
- Lead the analysis and design of complex business processes to improve efficiencies, workflows and functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, information management, or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Expert knowledge of records management operations, regulations and directives within government facilities; DOE and/or US government.
- Experience leading the analysis and design of complex business processes and designing and implementing strategies for complex process improvements.
- Extensive experience developing project plans including task estimation and resource requirements.
- Experience developing and delivering formal proposals for the implementation of operational changes to improve information and processing systems.
- Experience as a supervisor team leader implementing business solutions and knowledge of project management practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as a team member, with a broad range of management, scientific, engineering, business professional, and administrative personnel.
- Ability to facilitate and collaborate effectively to present and explain information to stakeholders.
In Addition at the E01.5 Level
- Broad and extensive experience in directing large-scale facility projects, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis; experience and skills in directing, planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control and analysis.
- Advanced problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills necessary to independently anticipate, analyze, advise, recommend, approve appropriate actions and implement solutions to highly complex issues having institutional impact.
- Experience leveraging relationships, delivering complex briefings and providing expert advice to executive management, government agencies, and sponsors.
- Experience negotiating desirable outcomes, delegating effectively and working issues across all levels.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.