Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting/tax field.
- Leadership role in a project team or working unit to achieve organizational deliverables and goals.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, policies and procedures or demonstrated experience in a payroll operation to include payroll processing and benefits accounting. In addition, experience developing and maintaining computer-based spreadsheets and report-generation applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Significant experience making effective and timely decisions by applying problem-solving and analytical skills to solve complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact, and ability to successfully negotiate desirable outcomes.
- Significant experience researching, compiling, and analyzing complex financial data by developing, applying and interpreting financial policies and procedures.
- Advanced interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and organizational skills to work independently and as part of a team to effectively explain, direct, present, advise, negotiation, and influence all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Advanced organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently interpret, advise, recommend and approve actions, implement solutions, create detailed and readily understood financial memos, briefings, documentation, and reports.
- Ability to establish work priorities to execute assignments, meeting time-sensitive deadlines and working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.