Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have openings for Senior Subcontract Analysts. You will provide oversight for award and administration of subcontracts ranging from straight forward purchase orders to complex, sensitive, specialized, and unique subcontracts, all of which have broad scope and significantly impact the success of the Department and Laboratory operations and mission. You will execute and manage strategic planning assignments that include integration and coordination of SCM Department activities. This position reports to the Supply Chain Management Division Manager within the Business Directorate.
- As a key strategic decision maker and leader, partner with senior managers across the Laboratory with a broad range of procurement planning, acquisition strategies, and sourcing activities.
- Provide strategic advice and high-level programmatic direction on proposal evaluation, source selection, negotiation, file documentation, complex subcontract administration, and subcontract closeout.
- Using expert knowledge of procurement and comprehensive business experience, educate program staff regarding procurement requirements and strategies, identify available training, and mentor and -provide guidance to other Contract Analysts.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with cross-functional organizations to support and meet mutual Laboratory goals.
- Provide innovative and creative solutions and procurement strategies to negotiation and administrative problems with little or no known precedent or diverse situations.
- Authorize award, within delegated signature authority, of subcontracts. Review subcontracts in excess of delegated signature authority to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures and forward to the appropriate management level for authorization to award.
- As a subject matter expert, provide advice and counsel to Technical Representatives across the Laboratory to include reviewing scopes of work for adequacy, accuracy, and completeness to minimize subcontractor performance risk after award.
- Establish, maintain, and implement cost-effective business practices that are in compliance with applicable DOE/NNSA, federal, and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience soliciting and evaluating complex proposals using best value source selection and advanced cost and price analysis techniques.
- Broad experience negotiating, awarding, and administering high dollar value, unusual, and complex subcontracts.
- Expertise of procurement techniques, methods, and business and contract law, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations, acquisition planning, and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Experience analyzing difficult and complex situations and making business decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Significant leadership skills, including advanced verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with employees, customers, and management at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with significant latitude when determining objectives, goals, and work assignments.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the Department’s Standard Practices, Desk Guides, and Instructions.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.