Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Administrator to support the Enterprise Lifecycle Management (ELM) System. You will provide technical support to the ELM System in the development, testing, installation, and support of the system. You will drive and create CAD processes, obtaining requirements from business units and provide training for CAD processes. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers, support personnel, and administrators dedicated to evolving and supporting the ELM system in its critical mission of national defense. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 320.1 or 320.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level. Some travel may be required.
- Provide day-to-day advanced CAD support to individual customers by responding to technical support requests while using a high degree of independent discretion and judgment in analyzing and determining the probable cause of problems.
- Provide advanced guidance to individuals regarding CAD usage and functionality, suggested techniques, best practices, and resolution to problems involving unexpected application behavior.
- Perform major CAD upgrades/updates/introductions including installations and support of Creo applications on Windows environments.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing to support application change with respect to updates, upgrades, and migrations.
- Research and analyze productivity enhancing applications for Business or CAD processes.
- Interface with CAD vendors to address escalated issues and complex problems.
- Architect the design and development of software training and related documentation and provide to the user community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the 320.2 Level
- Lead and manage major CAD upgrade/update projects of larger scope and risk creating and maintaining project plans, directing the work of those assisting and providing status updates.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement highly advanced Business or CAD systems, processes, and domain support within a Windows environment, including working with multiple modules involving data, document, component, supplier and change/configuration management, approval workflows, bills of material, and visualizations.
- Collaborate with Business Units to obtain requirements, provide alternate approaches and solutions to complex system issues that can be solved by increasing the PLM and CAD system portfolio of assets using your individual experience, creativity, and judgment to provide highly advanced support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, knowledge and prior relevant experience.
- Domain expertise and extensive experience with using and/or supporting Creo.
- Experience and broad, in depth knowledge of installing, upgrading, and supporting Creo applications on Windows environments, doing industry research as needed and working with external vendors when appropriate.
- Broad, in depth knowledge and experience with PLM systems (Windchill preferred) and the following functionalities in conjunction with Creo: CAD Data Management, Change/Configuration Management, Bills of Material, Visualizations including quality assurance testing as needed.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent advanced technical tasks including troubleshooting and providing end user technical support while working with competing priorities while meeting deadlines that are important to project success independently and under general direction.
- Ability to approach difficult, advanced, and complex problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel and ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills required to prepare, present, and document advanced technical information and reports.
In Addition, at the 320.2 Level
- High level experience supporting an enterprise-scale production application, and ability to lead others and resolve highly advanced user issues independently deriving original solutions.
- Ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects with minimal direction and using a high level of discretion and judgement.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate and technically lead in a team environment including present and explain highly advanced technical information and provide advice to management.
- Experience with using and/or supporting other CAD software applications such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor and Intergraph.
- Knowledge of Windchill CAD Workgroup Managers.
- Knowledge of Windchill CAD Visualization Publishing.
- Knowledge of programing within Creo using Toolkit and/or JLink.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.